Capture WA program overview
The Capture WA Program is designed to reduce duplication and maximise sharing of our location assets across the State of WA.
By planning, recording and acquiring the information through one channel we ensure the most strategic use of resources. The Program offers a whole-of-State contract to manage capture requests, be it self-funded or funded by the Program, while ensuring information remains within the State.
The Capture WA contract is advertised recurrently on the Tenders WA website. This provides new suppliers the opportunity to be qualified under the panel contract and current contractors the opportunity to apply for qualification in additional categories such as vector data products, elevation and depth products, imagery products and services and innovative products and services.
This initiative is supported by the Cabinet directive of August 2011 under the Location Information Strategy for Western Australia, which states:
"All current and planned capture proposals of location information using Government funds will be provided by public sector agencies to Landgate, in order to identify and prioritise in consultation with the relevant public sector agencies, opportunities for strategic investment in the capture of this information".
Through the program, some funds are available for the capture of critical location information assets where common needs across agencies can be identified as a priority. Data captured through Capture WA can range from:
- aerial photography
- topographic data
- satellite imagery
- 3D surveys
- any other type of spatial data required.
The data requested through the program provides an opportunity to drive decision making on important issues such as climate change, planning, mining and health. Pooling self funded and co-funded requests allows for more capture, sharing and reduced duplication among government organisations.
|2017 - 2018|
CLOSED for program funded aerial photography requests on 30 June 2017
|2017 - 2018|
OPEN for all other requests
|2016 - 2017|
CLOSED for program funded aerial photography requests on 30 June 2016
Requests can be entered via the online Capture WA register at any time, however due to the logistics of reviewing suppliers and getting quotes, imagery requests need to be collected and considered as a single batch each year. For information on the deadline for imagery requests, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, or to promote awareness of the Capture WA among your colleagues, please download the Capture WA brochure.
Capture WA Program Plans and Maps
View imagery and map layers to see the status of capture in this online map:
- Capture WA submissions (LGATE-197) https://services.slip.wa.gov.au/public/rest/services/SLIP_Public_Services/Imagery_and_Maps/MapServer/18
- Capture WA projects (LGATE-198) https://services.slip.wa.gov.au/public/rest/services/SLIP_Public_Services/Imagery_and_Maps/MapServer/26
View layers and show/ hide their layer contents in these interactive PDF maps:
- Final Capture WA 2017 - 2018 program (PDF 588KB) shows strategic zones, revision cycle and type of imagery planned to be captured during 2017 to 2018 for metro, town sites and map sheets.
- Orthophoto Mosaic Coverage Status (PDF 1.97MB) shows the status of mosaics completed in the last month as well as previous capture done pre-2011 until 2016.
- Revision Cycle 30 June 2017 (PDF 2.53MB) shows the final program for 2016-2017 and 2017-2018.