Landgate is committed to making our website as accessible as possible. We aim to make this website compliant with the WA Government Website Accessibility Policy and enable access for:
- people with disabilities who may use assistive technologies
- people using mobile devices
- those with slower internet connections
- rural and regional users.
About this website
The SPUR website was developed based on the advice of specialists, as well as user testing and external audits.
It has been tested using both Windows and Mac operating systems within Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers. We have also tested the website’s technical compatibility with assistive technologies including NVDA and JAWS.
The sample tested now meets the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) Level AA. We will continue to make changes to increase the accessibility and usability of our website as we work towards WCAG 2.0 Level AAA.
You can send us feedback on the accessibility of this website via our feedback page or call Customer Service on +61 (0)8 9273 7373.
Some content may not be fully accessible. This includes:
- some PDF documents and forms provided by Landgate
- all Landgate products delivered in PDF formats
- archived content (published prior to 1 July 2010)
- some Landgate applications including MyLandgate and MapViewer
- submissions by third parties
- documents that have been granted an accessibility exemption by Landgate’s Chief Executive.
For assistance with any of the above, please contact us.
We are working to provide accessible versions of all documents published after 1 July 2010. If you require an accessible version of a document and an accessible version is not yet available, please contact us. We will endeavour to make an alternative format available to you within 30 days.
For PDF products delivered via Landgate's online shopping service, alternative formats are not currently available. In some other instances, we may not be able to provide alternative formats for PDF documents.
Large PDF documents (in excess of 20 pages) will be accompanied by an accessible summary of the information rather than a full accessible version. If you require a full accessible version of the information, this can be made available within 30 days.
In line with standard practice all document attachments will open in a new window. Sizes will only be specified for documents over 2MB.
To help with scanning content or people using assistive technologies, we have provided meaningful hyperlink text.
The following best practice approach is taken for linking within our site:
- all links to pages within the site, where the menu is still available, will open within the same window
- all links to attachments or external sites will open into a new window.
This approach allows users to set their browser options to open in a new tab if this is preferred to opening in a new window.
Text on this site can be resized by:
- using the zoom (up to 400 per cent) and increasing font options from your browser's menu
- pressing the Ctrl key (Microsoft Windows) or the Apple key (Mac OS) on your keyboard and using the + or – key to zoom in and out
- pressing Ctrl on your keyboard and scrolling with your mouse wheel.
All accessible Landgate documents have been tested with the screen reader NVDA which is available from the NV Access website. Any tables have been set up to read the table cell contents with the table header and should be accessible. Further, we would suggest for the best experience that you use the following settings:
- spelling error identification turned off
- table coordinate identification turned off
- punctuation set to ‘some’ or ‘most’ so that symbols such as a ‘$’ sign are announced.
All images that are used to display a meaning will have alternative text available. Some browsers may also display a tooltip of this alternative text when the cursor hovers or focuses on the image.
Images that are used for decorative purposes only do not contain any alternative text.
Where possible tables are only used to display tabular information and are not used for formatting.
Row and column headings have been identified using HTML for use with assistive technologies.
On pages which display many publications, we have chosen to display these publications in a tabular format to allow ease of access to multiple formats.
If you find certain text and background colour combinations difficult to read, you can change the text and background colours in your operating system or your browser to better suit your needs.
To learn how to change the settings in your operating system visit:
To learn how to change your preferred text and background colours in your browser visit:
- Internet Explorer - Ease of access options
- Mozilla support – Accessibility features in Firefox
- Google Chrome – Accessibility: low-vision support.
Printing a page on this site
Pages can be printed by using the print button located at the top-right corner under the main menu on our product and general information content pages.
Using your browser's print option will also produce a print-friendly version.
If you have any feedback or suggestions or you are having any difficulties with our website please contact us.
This site is optimised for 1024 x 768 screen resolution and has responsive design, ensuring content can be scaled to a lower screen resolution and be optimised for mobile devices.
It is recommended that you upgrade to the lastest version of your browser for maximum system compatibility.
If you do not have the required software to view the documents available on this site, the following free downloads will allow you to view them:
PDF documents - Adobe PDF Reader
Landgate has a range of applications with different system capabilities. Please refer to our system compatibility page for more details.