SPURonWA grant guidelines
This information is general advice on how to complete your SPURonWA grant application.
SPUR being part of the Western Australian Land Information Authority (Landgate), is interested in supporting innovative projects that use location information and/or government location data.
Your proposal MUST have a location information component and be for a new and/or innovative idea/product/service to be eligible for this grant.
The SPURonWA grant is open to:
- small and medium enterprises
- tech startups
- emerging businesses
- non for profit organisations
Applicants must also:
- be WA based
- have an ABN (or be willing to obtain one)
SPUR grant funding is available to progress your idea/product/service to market.
Grant funds are not intended to finance projects in full. Applications must include a detailed project plan and budget.
The proposal can be commercial, or community focused. Applicants should show a clear link between the proposed activities and intended outcomes.
Some examples of how the grant funds can be used are:
- product development - prototype development, product testing, engineering design work, website or app development
- commercialisation services - business, financial, marketing or legal advice
- intellectual property protection
The grant will not fund activities retrospectively, nor support business-as-usual costs for established products and services.
The SPURonWA grant application process is a one-stage competitive process. Your submission is to be created on a secure online platform and will require you to provide details on your business, explain your project and the short/long term outcomes expected as well as a project plan and budget.
Your idea/product/service will be assessed taking into consideration the following criteria:
- location information is a key component (use of Landgate and/or government information data is preferable)
- your project is new and/or innovative
- your project has a unique value proposition and addresses a market need
- the identified outcomes are achievable and add value to the WA economy
The selection panel may seek further clarification from applicants on aspects of their submission if required.
Successful applicants will be required to enter into a Grant Funding Agreement (PDF) with Landgate.
Please note that Landgate reserves the right not to allocate the full amount of funding requested in each submission, nor the total $100,000.
Do you have more questions? Contact the grants coordinator at SPUR on 08 9273 0732 or email@example.com.